Guy’s Chips is proud to announce a first-of-its-kind Kansas City scavenger hunt in partnership with Royals Pitcher Jason Hammel on Saturday, April 29.
The Go Get the Guys #GuysHunt is designed to help welcome Pitcher Jason Hammel to KC with a “get to know KC” Scavenger Hunt showcasing all of what the city has to offer and best of all… there’s an awesome baseball, Guy’s Chips, Charlie Hustle, Garmin smartwatch prize pack!
DATE: Saturday, April 29
TIME: The first clue will be released on Facebook and Twitter at 8am on Saturday, April 29.
- Free Guy’s Chips for a year (winner chooses flavors. Two bags per month.)
- 4 tickets to a Royals home game
- 2 autographed baseballs and a Royals hat
- Special visit to batting practice on the field before the game and a chance to meet Jason Hammel at a regular home game
- 4 T-shirts from Charlie Hustle
- Garmin Vivoactive smartwatch
HOW THE HUNT WILL WORK:
The first clue will be posted at 8am on Saturday, April 29 on Guy’s Snacks Facebook page, website (right here) and Twitter page. The clue will describe one location in KC and hunt participants are encourage to go to that location immediately to receive the next clue.
Guy’s Chips representatives will be stationed at the first location waiting for #GuysHunt teams and individuals to arrive. (think: “Amazing Race” – KC Style!)
At that time, a page of clues will be distributed to all participating in the hunt. All clues will be printed on a sheet of paper and handed to anyone who reaches the first location by 11am.
At the top of the Scavenger Hunt Clue Page it will state:
You must take your photo here at this first location and post it on one of the following social media platforms:
- Twitter, Facebook OR Instagram with the hashtag: #GuysHunt.
- You must also tag Guy’s as follows:
On Facebook: @GuysSnacks
Twitter: @GuysSnacks @Hammeltime39
- Once at the first location, you must review the list of clues and select five more locations including the final location for a total of six stops and six photos uploaded (to the social media platform of your choice).
- Note: with the exception of the first and final clue locations, there will not be Guy’s representatives, nor will there be signage at the clue locations, therefore you must take a photo that shows that you were in fact AT the location and shows YOU in the photo.
- The scavenger hunt will go on rain or shine. Plan accordingly. Umbrellas, sunscreen, etc.
- To win the grand prize, you must be the first person to successfully prove you were at all six locations by showing your photos to the Guy’s staff waiting at the final hunt stop and prove that you posted the photos to social media using the hashtags and tags within the timeframe.
- As a consolation prize (which is a free bag of chips), you must simply finish the hunt before noon on Saturday. Show us your photos and hashtags!
- Individuals or teams may enter, but there is only one grand prize and must be shared with your team.
Early bird gets the worm – first individual or team making it to the final location wins (photos will be verified).
- Everyone can be a winner – free bag of chips to everyone who finishes the hunt before noon.
- Guy’s Snacks is not responsible for damages, injuries or fines to win the #GuysHunt KC Scavenger Hunt and does not advocate speeding or breaking laws. Please be safe! Running is allowed! 🙂
- Must be 16 to participate. Children can be a part of the team with adult team members. Families and teen groups are encouraged to participate!
- Cars are a must for this scavenger hunt. Although the clues will be central to Kansas City, they are not within walking distance and the entire city is invited to participate.